Flow Cytometry Senior Scientist/ Technical Specialist
This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
With one of the world’s largest bioanalytical centres, recognised for leadership in science and technology, DDS has comprehensive capabilities for pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and biomarker measurement that span LC-MS/MS, immunoassay and flow cytometry. We routinely solve difficult method development challenges and have the capacity to support the largest, most complex protocols. Our Bioanalysis Department works together with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in support of pre-clinical and clinical trials for a wide variety of clients and therapeutic areas. We use innovative analytical methodology and the expertise of our analytical scientists to speed up the discovery of new medicines. The Department operates a well-equipped laboratory compliant with GLP and GCP, and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art analytical instrumentation.
The Job (Flow Cytometry Senior Scientist/ Technical Specialist)
The focus of this role is scientific leadership and oversight of development and validation activities within the flow cytometry team. You will act as a technical expert to support high parameter phenotyping of immune cell subsets, receptor occupancy endpoints, and intracellular staining of cytokines and phosphorylated signaling molecules by flow cytometry. Additionally, you will be responsible for helping us to deliver high quality results to our customers within agreed deadlines and in compliance with GLP/GCP.
The ideal candidate will;
- Have a strong understanding of immunology
- Be able to lead and mentor scientists within your team
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, and driven to go the extra mile to support our customers
- Focus on quality, and possess an excellent attention to detail and the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Communicate effectively, explaining the outcome of experiments to peers and customers
- A good understanding of the drug development process
- PhD in Immunology or related field or a BSc with minimum 5 years post-graduation experience in immunology, cell biology, biomedical science or related disciplines, in addition:
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of flow cytometry with experience of designing and executing 10+ color flow cytometry panels
- Strong laboratory experience and understanding of clinical and non-clinical flow cytometry with respect to analytical validation and implementation
- Expertise in cell culture - working with a variety of sample types including whole blood, PBMC, cell lines and single-cell suspension from tissue samples
- Considerable experience in the use of flow cytometry analysis software (FCS Express highly preferred)
- Ability to collate and present scientific data to clients clearly and concisely
- Fluent in the use of Excel
- Experience in a GxP accredited laboratory is advantageous
Life At Fordham
We have a state-of-the-art purpose-built facility within an open green countryside setting, with places to walk and relax outdoors, as well as a café on site. At Fordham, we have friendly collaborative teams, dedicated to helping our customers to achieve their goals. Every day is different; we are empowered to solve a range of scientific problems and embrace continuous improvement. Individually, and together, we take responsibility to progress projects, learn, and share best practice. We help one another to progress and grow. Together we build strong scientific teams, who celebrate success and make time to have fun. We take care of our people, environment and community.
- Flexible Working: we offer a flexible approach to work where you can adapt your working pattern to balance your home and work needs
- Defined career progression, mentoring and support is offered, and personal development is encouraged
- Excellent training and development opportunities for all employees
- Wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, access to private medical care, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more
- Regular organised social activities; summer fair, Christmas party, occasional food truck visits and other ad-hoc events and celebrations organised by DDS sports & social group