Instrument Support Engineer
This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
With one of the world’s largest bioanalytical centres, recognised for leadership in science and technology, DDS has comprehensive capabilities for pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and biomarker measurement that span LC-MS/MS, immunoassay and flow cytometry. We routinely solve difficult method development challenges and have the capacity to support the largest, most complex protocols. Our Bioanalysis Department works together with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in support of pre-clinical and clinical trials for a wide variety of clients and therapeutic areas. We use innovative analytical methodology and the expertise of our analytical scientists to speed up the discovery of new medicines. The Department operates a well-equipped laboratory compliant with GLP, GCP and GMP, and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art analytical instrumentation.
The Job (Instrument Support Engineer)
The focus of this role is to proactively lead the servicing program for instruments at Drug Development Solutions. As workload will vary, the ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and communication skills and provide customer focused support to our operational teams, assisting in delivery of high quality results to our customers.
Key responsibilities include;
- Lead servicing program for instruments and systems at DDS, including LC-MS/MS, GC instruments
- Coordinate installation of instruments, working collaboratively with operations and support functions
- Investigate and diagnose faults on instruments liaising with other departments and teams to problems solve issues
- Proactively arrange repairs and planned maintenance of instrument to minimise downtime
- Keep compliant records of equipment maintenance
- Manage key instrument suppliers
- Provide training and coaching to junior staff members
- Work closely as part of a team, supporting one another to achieve our customers goals
The ideal candidate will;
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, and driven to go the extra mile to support our customers
- Focus on quality, and possess an excellent attention to detail
- Communicate effectively; explaining the outcome of experiments to peers and customers
- Embrace our core values of Passion, Integrity, Respect, Curiosity and Brilliance
- Experience or use and/or maintenance of systems is desirable but not essential (including Waters or Agilent uHPLC systems, LC-MS/MS systems, GC systems, GC-MS systems)
- Equipment maintenance experience or background
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Experience in a regulated environment is desirable
- Excellent record keeping skills
Life At Fordham
We have a state of the art purpose built facility within an open green countryside setting, with places to walk and relax outdoors, as well as a café on site. At Fordham, we have friendly collaborative teams, dedicated to helping our customers to achieve their goals. Every day is different; we are empowered to solve a range of scientific problems, and embrace continuous improvement. Individually, and together, we take responsibility to progress projects, learn, and share best practice. We help one another to progress and grow. Together we build strong scientific teams, who celebrate success and make time to have fun. We take care of our people, environment and community.
- Flexible Working: we offer a flexible approach to work where you can adapt your working pattern to balance your home and work needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities for all employees
- Wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, access to private medical care, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more
- Regular organised social activities; summer fair, Christmas party, occasional food truck visits and other ad-hoc events and celebrations organised by our sports & social group