Laboratory Support Technician - Operational
This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
With one of the world’s largest bioanalytical centres, recognised for leadership in science and technology, DDS has comprehensive capabilities for pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and biomarker measurement that span LC-MS/MS, immunoassay and flow cytometry. We routinely solve difficult method development challenges and have the capacity to support the largest, most complex protocols. Our Bioanalysis Department works together with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in support of pre-clinical and clinical trials for a wide variety of clients and therapeutic areas. We use innovative analytical methodology and the expertise of our analytical scientists to speed up the discovery of new medicines. The Department operates a well-equipped laboratory compliant with GLP and GCP, and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art analytical instrumentation.
The Job (Laboratory Support Technician - Operational)
The Lab Support team is responsible for delivering a range of services to our bioanalysis laboratories on site at Fordham, including those working to GCP, GLP and GMP regulations. Key activities are regular maintenance of bench top lab equipment, reagent preparation, glass washing and pipette checks which must be performed in accordance with SOP’s and recorded on our in-house LIMS.
Key responsibilities include;
- Plan and perform equipment maintenance and checks, pipette checks and maintenance, glass washing and reagent prep across multiple laboratories
- Laboratory management activities such as lab coat and locker administration and stock management
- Record keeping in compliance with GLP
- Contribute to team and departmental process improvements projects
- You will play an active role in planning your work, managing your time to deliver a high quality lab support service to our internal customers
- Work closely as part of a team, supporting one another to achieve our customers goals
The ideal candidate will;
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, and driven to go the extra mile to support our customers and deliver excellent customer service
- Possess a flexible attitude to changing priorities and timelines, responding to these challenges positively
- Focus on quality, and possess an excellent attention to detail
- Communicate effectively; solving problems by collaborating with other teams
- Seek opportunities to improve processes for your team and customers
- Embrace LGC’s core values of Passion, Integrity, Respect, Curiosity and Brilliance
Life At Fordham
We have a state of the art purpose built facility within an open green countryside setting, with places to walk and relax outdoors, as well as a café on site. At Fordham, we have friendly collaborative teams, dedicated to helping our customers to achieve their goals. Every day is different; we are empowered to solve a range of scientific problems, and embrace continuous improvement. Individually, and together, we take responsibility to progress projects, learn, and share best practice. We help one another to progress and grow. Together we build strong scientific teams, who celebrate success and make time to have fun. We take care of our people, environment and community.
- Flexible Working: we offer a flexible approach to work where you can adapt your working pattern to balance your home and work needs
- Defined career progression, mentoring and support is offered, and personal development is encouraged
- Excellent training and development opportunities for all employees
- Wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, access to private medical care, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more
- Regular organised social activities; summer fair, Christmas party, occasional food truck visits and other ad-hoc events and celebrations organised by LGC’s sports & social group
Education, experience and technical skills:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science
- Good computer skills, with experience of using Microsoft Office software
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience in a laboratory technician role and/or within a quality regulated environment is advantageous but not essential