Labware Systems Developer
We are seeking a new Labware Systems Developer to join the existing development team based just outside Cambridge in our state of the art facilities. This role can either be based in Cambridge or can be homebased.
The Job (Labware Systems Developer)
As a member of the Laboratory Information Management System development team, you will be responsible for supporting, enhancing and troubleshooting our LabWare LIMS systems. There will also be the opportunity to work with other development colleagues from across the business.
- Support business users to identify development needs, but ensure compliance with the request for change process to ensure change is managed and delivered on the basis of business driven priorities
- Deliver significant development projects, reporting to PM as required
- Delivers enhancements to systems as approved by the various Steering Groups, Ops Board and Change Programme Manager
- Sets and achieves project milestones with effective and timely communication to all stakeholders
- Acts as member of LIMS team, sharing best practise, keeping knowledge base up to date and working collaboratively to ensure a quality service is delivered to our laboratory based community
- Update and revise development documentation is consistently updated and revised as appropriate.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Complies with change management procedure, for regulated and unregulated changes
- Maintain key records relating to ongoing work, both with respect to project change logs and records related to the management of requirements/changes being made
- Responsible for resolving faults and standard changes in line with Service Level Agreement
- Comply with all SOPs relating to development work performed.
Experience, experience and technical skills:
- At least 3 years of developing LabWare LIMS in a similar environment
- Laboratory experience advantageous
- Proficient using Oracle SQL/PLSQ or SQLServer SQL or equivalent
- Experience of Laboratory analytical work, preferably including use of a LIMS
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Ideally LabWare Admin 1/2 Certified
- Experience developing Crystal Reports or equivalent would be useful.