To enable our Drug Development Solutions (DDS) business to continue to achieve our purpose of helping our customers develop new medicines and products to improve the quality of our patients' lives, we have created a brand-new position of Project Planner, within our Bioanalytical solutions team. Our motivation is propelled by the constant drive to support our customers to help them win their fight against life threatening diseases, saving and improving the quality of lives around the world. We are passionately dedicated to the crucial part we play in making the world a better place and supporting a healthier life for all.
We are looking for a Project Planner to play a key part in enabling us to deliver our purpose. You will take ownership of a number of projects and support our exceptional team of Analytical Project Managers (APMs) in scheduling project deliverables and resource requirements. You will partner closely with APMs and Business Development colleagues, by delivering information on resource availability, lead times for beginning potential new projects and expertly analysing and delivering key data and reports to the management and finance teams as required.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Liaise with APMs to maintain up-to-date and accurate project schedules in ‘PlanView’;
- Responsible for ensuring the following information is current in your portfolio of projects:
- project resource requirements (aligned with agreed project budget);
- timing and status of invoice milestones and indicating when customer invoices can be raised;
- tasks requiring support outside of the immediate project team e.g. QA audits, Pharmacokinetic analysis, Data Management; and
- status of all project milestones.
- Maintain oversight of the delivery backlog and awareness of all live and upcoming projects within your portfolio;
- Use resource plans to provide updates to Operations Managers and Business Development on when new work can be scheduled;
- Support Team Leaders with weekly resource planning by attending team meetings and preparing weekly schedules for Scientists;
- Work with Team Leaders to review team forecasts and ensure resource allocation is aligned with project budgets and appropriately scheduled to meet monthly revenue targets;
- Provide accurate reports on a variety of PlanView data, including resource demand profile, customer deliverables, revenue forecasts and KPIs as requested;
- Support APMs with customer communication – draft emails, take meeting minutes and share information on project timelines;
- Advise on the flexible movement of resource across teams where it will have a positive impact on customer delivery;
- Understand the risk profile in the backlog, via the Red-Amber-Green (RAG) rating of milestones, and work with APMs to flexibly schedule project work to fill any gaps resulting from project delays, ensuring monthly delivery targets are not negatively impacted; and
- Apply a detailed understanding of future demand to advise operational managers on resource planning.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Good understanding of project finances
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active approach and resilient attitude to work
What we can offer you:
We offer a truly flexible approach to work where you can choose your working pattern to meet your home and work needs; regular working from home is supported, to enable a good work/life balance. The environment you will work in is friendly and informal, with good on-site facilities. You will receive a market competitive salary and a wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more. Continued personal development is encouraged and we provide excellent training and development opportunities for all employees.
- Degree educated in Chemical or Biological Sciences with experience working in project planning/co-ordination, supporting projects in within a laboratory services or pharmaceutical company would be ideal
- Familiarity with project management software would be an advantage