Senior Labware Developer
This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
Drug Development Solutions is one of the largest bioanalytical centres in the world, helping to develop new medicines and products to improve people's quality of life. We are seeking an experienced Senior Labware Developer to join the existing development team based just outside Cambridge in our state of the art facilities. This role can either be based in Cambridge or can be homebased.
The Job (Senior Labware Developer)
As a senior member of the Laboratory Information Management System development team, you will be responsible for supporting, enhancing and troubleshooting our LabWare LIMS systems. There will also be the opportunity to work with other development colleagues from across the business.
- Focused responsibility for planning the development of changes to be completed for specific instances.
- Responsible for maintaining patching of LabWare applications with respect to Modules/releases/fixes.
- Assisting the LabWare systems manager in maintaining the quality of changes/projects developed internally.
- Become a subject matter expert for specific instances with respect to technical queries raised by the team.
- Support business users to identify development needs, but ensure compliance with the request for change process to ensure change is managed and delivered on the basis of business driven priorities.
- Deliver significant development projects, reporting to PM as required.
- Delivers enhancements to systems as approved by the various Steering Groups, Ops Board and Change Programme Manager.
- Sets and achieves project milestones with effective and timely communication to all stakeholders.
- Acts as a senior member of LIMS team, encouraging and helping to share best practise, perform code review and working collaboratively to ensure a quality service is delivered to our laboratory based community.
- Update and revise development documentation as appropriate.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Complies with change management procedure, for regulated and unregulated changes.
- Maintain key records relating to ongoing work, both with respect to project change logs and records related to the management of requirements/changes being made.
- Responsible for resolving faults and standard changes in line with Service Level Agreement.
- Comply with all SOPs relating to development work performed.
- Help to maintain the quality of all work completed by the LabWare development team.
- Provide training/mentoring for junior developers and act as a point of technical reference for the team.
Experience, experience and technical skills:
- At least 6 years of developing LabWare LIMS in a similar environment.
- Laboratory experience advantageous.
- Proficient using Oracle SQL/PLSQ or SQLServer SQL or equivalent.
- Experience of Laboratory analytical work, preferably including use of a LIMS.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- LabWare Admin 1/2 Certified.
- Experience with the configuration/setup of new LabWare instances.
- Experience with the maintenance of LabWare components, including patching, installing new modules fixes etc.
- Experience developing Crystal Reports or equivalent would be useful.