Exciting new opportunity to join a company as an Accounts Receivable based in Fordham to support a new operational finance function. You will be responsible for the accuracy and efficiency of the day-to-day billing and collections process. This role will be suitable for someone with a positive attitude toward learning and dedication to continuous improvement. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Accounting Manager with the opportunity to work closely with colleagues in Operations, Commercial, Business support functions as well as the wider DDS finance team. This will provide a platform to develop wide- and far-reaching networks across the organisation.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Raising invoices and credit notes
- Maintain aged debt report & perform debt collection activity
- Ensuring company credit control policies are adhered to.
- Sending customer statements
- Post and allocate cash
- Perform credit checks
- Accounts receivables query management
- Continuing to improve the AR process
- Experience working as an Accounts Receivables or Accounts Administrator is essential.
- Good knowledge of accounting, billing, and collections systems.
- Competent with Microsoft Office packages in particular Microsoft Excel.
Education, experience and technical skills
- Minimum AAT or equivalent is preferable
- Highly motivated and able to take the initiative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills capable of engaging at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, Pivot table, VLOOKUP’s SUMIFs are desirable but training can be provided
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Expertise of working in a scientific industry is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment