Health and Safety Policy
Our people are our principal asset.
We recognise that effective Health and Safety management systems actively contribute to our success. It is our policy to ensure and manage, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all staff and other persons affected by our business.
All staff are required and expected to act in a safe manner and Managers across all sites, must ensure the Health and Safety of our staff and other stakeholders is safeguarded.
Drug Development Solutions Ltd (DDS) is committed to operating the business in accordance with the applicable Health and Safety regulations, including all relevant guidance and Approved Codes of Practice.
We aspire to follow the best practices of comparable organizations and demonstrate an ongoing and determined commitment to improving Health and Safety at work by:
- Providing sufficient resources, equipment, and training to ensure that this Policy and other relevant safety requirements, such as Health and Safety policies, instructions, and guidance are implemented, and our staff and stakeholders are aware of and understand these requirements.
- Ensuring that all DDS staff and other interested parties understand the relevant hazards and risks that affect our business and the controls we have in place to manage them. This is achieved by regularly reviewing our processes through risk assessments and implementing the controls necessary to reduce the risks so far as is reasonably practicable.
- Deploying coherent and cohesive Health and Safety Management Systems that ensure the clear definition of Health and Safety responsibilities of line management and competent staff, contractors, customers, and visitors.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Health and Safety Management Systems through audit and inspection, maintaining their effectiveness considering regulatory change and providing a framework for setting and reviewing Health and Safety objectives and targets.
- Ensuring the appropriate recording and investigation of all accidents and near-misses in-line with regulatory requirements and communicating openly the Health and Safety performance of the business with site representatives, using the information to drive continuous improvement.
DDS consults with staff, through the Health & Safety Committee, to promote and maintain rigorous Health and Safety standards.
The Health and Safety Policy is communicated to all staff and is publicly available on the DDS website.
All staff and contractors working on our sites are required to adhere to our Health and Safety requirements and to be aware of the contents of this policy.