We are searching for a Scientist to join our expanding Analytical & Material Sciences (AMS) team at Drug Development Solutions, Fordham, Cambridgeshire.
The Job (AMS Scientist)
As a member of the AMS team, you be involved in all aspects of the analysis of pharmaceutical and healthcare samples utilising a range of techniques such as LC-MS and GC-MS. The team specialise in the cGMP analysis of final products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and excipients with a focus on impurity identification, method development, validation and problem solving for our customers.
As a scientist within AMS, you will take ownership of your own workload and time management, spending your days working on sample preparation, instrumental analysis and data processing as well as collating and reporting data to both internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Working to laboratory SOPs and adhering to cGMP record keeping and procedures.
- Providing right first time analytical data to agreed schedules using the instrumental techniques such as LC/LC-MS and GC/GC-MS.
- Getting involved in data checking and process improvements and contributing to the Quality Assurance programme of laboratory audits, investigations, and CAPA.
Education, experience and technical skills
- Degree or higher in analytical chemistry, chemistry or related field
- Knowledge or experience of one or more of the analytical techniques used within the team
- Knowledge or experience of working within GxP regulations would be desirable
Essential competencies and behaviors:
- Good communication and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory work
- Willing to be flexible and adapt to changing workloads and priorities.