We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our busy HR team, based just outside Cambridge, on a 12 month fixed term contract initially with the ambition of moving to a permanent contract. This is a brand new role, created to manage our outsourced payroll with RSM and Mercer benefits platform.
This role is our first dedicated payroll position and initially the role will be processing just the UK payroll and benefits, with potential to expand the scope to cover our other global payrolls in the future. The business is growing fast following a recent acquisition and another one in the pipeline and we are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a busy and evolving environment. This is varied role and will include involvement in projects, driving process improvements, running the UK payroll and benefits administration, and handling stakeholder relationships.
We are seeking to drive greater automation and efficiencies to bring process improvements to our business, as we grow. This is an excellent opportunity to shape how payroll and benefits are managed and deliver excellence in both important elements.
- Processing the UK payroll, which is outsourced to RSM and management of our Mercer benefits platform.
- Close collaboration with all outsourced vendors to ensure payroll data is accurate, processed in a timely manner and aligned with our internal and external procedures.
- Completion of data reconciliations and validations to ensure accuracy of the payroll output, maintaining compliance with legislative and audit requirements.
- Responding to payroll queries from employees, managers and external partners, ensuring delivery of a high level of customer service.
- Maintaining data integrity between our HCM (Oracle) and RSM, to ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Management of the annual benefit enrolment in December, including all communications between vendors and employees.
- Support with the implementation of Oracle from a payroll and benefits perspective.
Essential skills and Experience
- Ability to take initiative and work confidently in an evolving environment.
- Passionate about process improvements and challenging the status-quo.
- Demonstrate excellent administration and interpersonal skills and be efficient at multi-tasking, prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Good and current experience of hands-on delivery of UK payroll.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel.
Desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience using Oracle, RSM, Darwin or similar platforms and systems.
- Experience of managing payrolls through an outsourced payroll provider.
- Experience with international payrolls.