Protein LC-MS Senior Scientist
This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
With one of the world’s largest bioanalytical centres, recognised for leadership in science and technology, DDS has comprehensive capabilities for pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and biomarker measurement that span LC-MS/MS, immunoassay and flow cytometry. We routinely solve difficult method development challenges and have the capacity to support the largest, most complex protocols. Our Bioanalysis Department works together with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in support of pre-clinical and clinical trials for a wide variety of clients and therapeutic areas. We use innovative analytical methodology and the expertise of our analytical scientists to speed up the discovery of new medicines. The Department operates a well-equipped laboratory compliant with GLP and GCP, and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art analytical instrumentation.
The Job (Protein LC-MS Senior Scientist)
The focus of this role is scientific leadership and oversight of development and validation activities within LC-MS, specifically for the quantitation of therapeutic or biomarker peptides and proteins within biological fluids. You will be responsible for helping us to deliver high quality results to our customers in compliance with GLP/GCP.
Key responsibilities include;
- Design and develop robust quantitative LC-MS bioanalytical methods in support of PK and PD endpoints for peptides and proteins
- Validating assays in line with regulatory guidance and internal SOPs
- Provide expert bioanalytical support in troubleshooting methodologies and instrumentation, minimising downtime and preventing delays in project progression
- Engaging in continuous improvement, investigating, and implementing new technologies to improve service offering
The ideal candidate will;
- Share knowledge across the team, training and mentoring other scientists
- Engage with our clients to understand their requirements and effectively manage, advise, and deliver on their projects
- Be able to confidently present your work to both internal and external stakeholders
- Seek out opportunities to publish work, present at national/international meetings, assist in generation of scientific marketing materials
- Collaborate with technical specialists across LC-MS and immunoassay groups
- Focus on quality, and possess an excellent attention to detail
Life At Fordham
We have a state of the art purpose built facility within an open green countryside setting, with places to walk and relax outdoors, as well as a café on site. At Fordham, we have friendly collaborative teams, dedicated to helping our customers to achieve their goals. Every day is different; we are empowered to solve a range of scientific problems, and embrace continuous improvement. Individually, and together, we take responsibility to progress projects, learn, and share best practice. We help one another to progress and grow. Together we build strong scientific teams, who celebrate success and make time to have fun. We take care of our people, environment and community.
- Flexible Working: we offer a flexible approach to work where you can adapt your working pattern to balance your home and work needs
- Defined career progression, mentoring and support is offered, and personal development is encouraged
- Excellent training and development opportunities for all employees
- Wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, access to private medical care, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more
- Regular organised social activities; summer fair, Christmas party, occasional food truck visits and other ad-hoc events and celebrations
Education, experience and technical skills:
- Degree in pharmaceutical science, chemistry, biochemistry, biological science, or equivalent relevant laboratory experience
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in protein / peptide bioanalytical LC-MS method development and troubleshooting
- A focus on timely delivery of excellent customer service through good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in training and mentoring others
- Familiarity with the GLP/GCP guidelines associated with bioanalytical work
- Experience with high resolution mass spectrometry applied to proteins or peptides would be desirable
- Understanding of hybrid LC-MS techniques and application of automated workflows would be desirable
- Understanding of protein chemistry / ligand binding assays would be desirable