This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
With one of the world’s largest bioanalytical centres, recognised for leadership in science and technology, Drug Development Solutions is a contract research organisation (CRO) offering GLP and GCP bioanalysis of small molecules, large proteins for pharmacokinetics, biomarkers and immunogenicity.
We also provide cGMP analytical sciences research and testing services, consultancy and quality control solutions to support Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) requirements at all stages of the drug development pipeline from discovery through preclinical and clinical development to commercial manufacture.
The focus of this role is to support the Operational and Purchasing teams to ensure the smooth running of the purchasing process. Actioning requests from the Operations teams and ensuring the items are ordered and successfully delivered, you will work closely with Procurement and Stores to ensure an excellent and comprehensive service is provided to the Operations team.
Key responsibilities include;
- Working alongside the Operational teams to deliver the day to day purchasing function to the Fordham and Sandwich sites;
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain quotes prior to purchase, to include in proposals;
- Creating and managing purchase requisitions required by Operations, with the correct part number, price and supplier information;
- Active management of each purchase order raised to completion, including lead-time management, expediting orders and follow of missed delivery dates;
- Responding to internal customer queries about existing orders;
- Following up with the supplier when incorrect material has been delivered, including resolution management;
- Responsible for maintaining data on suppliers and part records, setting up new part records and new suppliers;
- Working with Accounts Payable team, suppliers and end users to resolve invoice queries successfully; and
- Running reports to capture KPI data such as back-order report, supplier performance and supplier issues.
Life At Fordham
We have a state of the art purpose built facility within an open green countryside setting, with places to walk and relax outdoors, as well as a café on site. At Fordham, we have friendly collaborative teams, dedicated to helping our customers to achieve their goals. Every day is different; we are empowered to solve a range of scientific problems, and embrace continuous improvement. Individually, and together, we take responsibility to progress projects, learn, and share best practice. We help one another to progress and grow. Together we build strong scientific teams, who celebrate success and make time to have fun. We take care of our people, environment and community.
- Flexible Working: we offer a flexible approach to work where you can adapt your working pattern to balance your home and work needs.
- Excellent training opportunities for all roles.
- Wide range of flexible benefits, including a generous group personal pension plan, access to private medical care, cycle to work scheme, life assurance and more.
- Regular organised social activities; summer fair, Christmas party, regular food truck visits and other ad-hoc events and celebrations organised by sports & social group
The ideal candidate will;
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, with a willingness to learn and a desire to develop professionally;
- Focus on quality, with an ability to perform tasks in a meticulous manner with close attention to detail;
- Communicate effectively and have excellent record keeping skills;
- Possess a flexible attitude to changing priorities and timelines, responding to these challenges positively; and
- Have good computer skills, with experience of using Microsoft Office software.
- General standard of qualifications (GCSE, NVQ)
- Good computer skills: outlook, word and excel
- excellent attention to detail and record keeping
- Order processing and expediting