Sample Management Technician (Temporary)
This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
With one of the world’s largest bioanalytical centres, recognised for leadership in science and technology, DDS has comprehensive capabilities for pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and biomarker measurement that span LC-MS/MS, immunoassay and flow cytometry. We routinely solve difficult method development challenges and have the capacity to support the largest, most complex protocols. Our Bioanalysis Department works together with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in support of pre-clinical and clinical trials for a wide variety of clients and therapeutic areas. We use innovative analytical methodology and the expertise of our analytical scientists to speed up the discovery of new medicines. The Department operates a well-equipped laboratory compliant with GLP and GCP, and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art analytical instrumentation.
The role (DDS Temporary Sample Management Technician)
The focus of this role is to deliver a high standard Sample Management service to our Drug Development Solutions department. A key aspect of the role is the ability to pay close attention to detail whilst handling biological samples. This work will be performed within a regulatory (GLP/GCP) framework to deliver high quality results to our customers.
Key responsibilities include;
- Use Watson LIMS storage reports to locate samples and identify correct samples for disposal
- Communicate with external clients around disposal or return
- Dispose of samples following correct procedures and generate associated documentation
- Ensure tracking of disposal/return is completed in Watson LIMS
- Condense samples once analysis is complete, ensuring optimum freezer capacity is maintained
- Batching up samples for analytical runs following sample receipt when required
The ideal candidate will;
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, with a willingness to learn and a desire to develop professionally
- Focus on quality with an ability to perform tasks in a meticulous manner with close attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and have excellent record keeping skills
- Possess a flexible attitude to changing priorities and timelines, responding to these challenges positively
- Have good computer skills, with experience of using Microsoft Office software
- Embrace LGC’s core values of Passion, Integrity, Respect, Curiosity and Brilliance
- Previous Sample Management experience is not necessary as full training will be given
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Further education in science or previous laboratory experience
- Experience in a GXP accredited laboratory is advantageous
Life At Fordham
We have a state of the art purpose built facility within an open green countryside setting, with places to walk and relax outdoors, as well as a café on site. At Fordham, we have friendly collaborative teams, dedicated to helping our customers to achieve their goals. Every day is different; we are empowered to solve a range of scientific problems, and embrace continuous improvement. Individually, and together, we take responsibility to progress projects, learn, and share best practice. We help one another to progress and grow. Together we build strong scientific teams, who celebrate success and make time to have fun. We take care of our people, environment and community.
- Flexible Working: we offer a flexible approach to work where you can adapt your working pattern to balance your home and work needs
- Excellent training opportunities for all employees
- Wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, access to private medical care, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more
- Regular organised social activities; summer fair, Christmas party, occasional food truck visits and other ad-hoc events and celebrations organised by LGC’s sports & social group
Position Reference: 47191