Sample Management Technician
The Job (Sample Management Technician)
The focus of this role is to deliver a high standard Sample Management service to our Drug Development Solutions department. A key aspect of the role is the ability to pay close attention to detail whilst handling biological samples. This work will be performed within a regulatory (GLP/GCP) framework to deliver high quality results to our customers.
Key responsibilities include;
- Performing integrity checks and logging samples into our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Batching up samples for analytical runs following sample receipt
- Sample storage, tracking in LIMS and final disposal of samples
- Ensuring sample integrity is maintained throughout the lifetime of the sample
- Operating in accordance with SOPs producing good quality documentation in compliance with GLP
- Working closely as part of a team, supporting one another to achieve our customers goals.
- Taking an active role in planning your work, managing your time within a fast-paced environment.
Life At Fordham
We have a state of the art purpose built facility within an open green countryside setting, with places to walk and relax outdoors, as well as a café on site. At Fordham, we have friendly collaborative teams, dedicated to helping our customers to achieve their goals. Every day is different; we are empowered to solve a range of scientific problems, and embrace continuous improvement. Individually, and together, we take responsibility to progress projects, learn, and share best practice. We help one another to progress and grow. Together we build strong scientific teams, who celebrate success and make time to have fun. We take care of our people, environment and community.
- Flexible Working: we offer a flexible approach to work where you can adapt your working pattern to balance your home and work needs
- Defined career progression, mentoring and support is offered, and personal development is encouraged
- Excellent training and development opportunities for all employees
- Wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, access to private medical care, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more
- Regular organised social activities; summer fair, Christmas party, occasional food truck visits and other ad-hoc events and celebrations