Scientist - Immunoassay
This role is based at Fordham, Cambridgeshire, UK within Drug Development Solutions (DDS).
To enable our Drug Development Solutions (DDS) business to continue to achieve our purpose of helping our customers develop new medicines and products to improve the quality of our patients' lives, we are seeking scientists to join our Immunoassay team at our Fordham site. Our motivation is propelled by the constant drive to support our customers to help them win their fight against life threatening diseases, saving and improving the quality of lives around the world. We are passionately dedicated to the crucial part we play in making the world a better place and supporting a healthier life for all.
The Job (Scientist - Immunoassay)
The focus of the role is the development and validation of ligand binding assays and subsequent analysis of biological samples. This work is completed within a regulatory framework (GLP/GCP) to deliver high quality analytical data to our clients.
- You will be responsible for development and validation of methods for the analysis of anti-drug antibodies, large molecule therapeutics or biomarkers
- Application of these methods to routine analysis of samples from pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Record-keeping in compliance with GLP/GCP
- Preparation of study plans and reports
- You will play an active role in planning your work, managing your time to deliver data to our customers, and support your fellow team members
The ideal candidate will;
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, and driven to go the extra mile to support our customers
- Focus on quality, and possess an excellent attention to detail
- Communicate effectively; explaining the outcome of experiments to peers and customers
Full training will be provided and all applicants with an appropriate scientific background, enthusiasm and willingness to learn are encouraged to apply.
What we can offer you:
We offer a truly flexible approach to work where you can choose your working pattern to meet your home and work needs; regular working from home is supported, to enable a good work/life balance. The environment you will work in is friendly and informal, with good on-site facilities. You will receive a market competitive salary and a wide range of flexible benefits, including a group personal pension plan, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and more. Continued personal development is encouraged and we provide excellent training and development opportunities for all employees.
Education, experience and technical skills:
- Degree in biological science, or relevant experience
- Attention to detail, good communication and documentation skills
- Computer literate
- Experience in a GLP/GCP accredited laboratory would be advantageous
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory work
- Enthusiastic, motivated, proactive and driven individual
- Experience of a GXP accredited laboratory is advantageous
- Familiar with ELISA techniques